Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Cloud Winter 2013, the latest release of the company’s award-winning family of cloud-based integration and data quality applications, powered by the industry’s leading integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS).
Available now, Informatica Cloud Winter 2013 delivers:
Cloud Integration: End-User Simplicity and Enterprise-Class Updates
Informatica Cloud Winter 2013 introduces a revamped cloud integration interface to enhance end-user productivity. Users are now able to:
- Search for relevant cloud integration tasks directly from activity logs and execute new task flows from anywhere within the cloud integration service.
- Save, create and restart tasks at any step of the cloud integration wizard.
- Access online help, open a support request, interact with the Informatica Cloud Community or watch training videos with a single click.
Informatica Cloud Winter 2013 also introduces new enterprise-class and productivity capabilities including:
- Advanced data lookup functionality – Advanced lookup functions with built-in data type transformations allow augmentation of data and eliminate multiple integration steps from sophisticated data operations across systems.
- Custom integration parameters through external files – Custom integration parameters defined in external files increase automation flexibility and reduce maintenance costs.
- Advanced session control in Cloud Integration Templates – Advanced controls such as partitioning of relational databases and flat files enable high performance integration of very large data sets.
Cloud Data Quality: Master Data Management and Point of Entry Address Validation
Informatica Cloud MDM, part of the Informatica Cloud family of solutions, is a master data management solution that enables salesforce.com customers to cleanse, de-duplicate, and enrich data. The Winter 2013 release allows Informatica Cloud MDM users to:
- Clean, standardize, and de-duplicate account, person account, opportunity, and contact data within the secure Force.com environment in the cloud. In addition, this critical data can be enriched with back-office and third-party data from cloud and on-premise sources.
- Get up and running quickly with a guided set-up wizard that incorporates predefined best practices and benefit from improved documentation and online help following Informatica’s recent acquisition of Data Scout.
- Manage, import and consolidate multiple types of hierarchies directly within Salesforce.
- Choose from the enhanced Informatica matching algorithms or the Salesforce fuzzy string matching algorithm.
- And, for customers who have both Informatica Cloud MDM and Informatica MDM Multi-Domain Edition, Informatica now provides a set of tools and best practices to reconcile differences and further improve implementations.
Informatica Cloud Address Validation is a new point-of-entry application for salesforce.com customers that enables users to validate in real-time records against the Address Doctor library of over 240 countries and territories.
Integration Platform-as-a-Service: Get it Now Informatica Marketplace Connectors
Informatica Cloud Winter 2013 introduces new Cloud Connectors available on the Informatica Marketplace for faster time-to-value. iPaaS enhancements include:
- Get it Now Cloud Connectors and
New Cloud Connector Marketplace Mall – Users can install custom Cloud Connectors to their Informatica Cloud sandbox or production instance directly from the Informatica Marketplace and Cloud Connector Mall, which includes more than 50 Cloud Connectors developed by third parties and Informatica. New Cloud Connectors include Concur expense management, Marketo marketing automation, Google BigQuery, Sagitta insurance agency and brokerage management, and Trackwise enterprise quality management software (EQMS).
- Enhanced Cloud Connectivity features include:
- Native SAP Business Application Programming Interface (BAPI) support to rapidly synchronize customer and product data between SAP back-office and Salesforce CRM and front-office cloud applications.
- Salesforce Bulk Reader support for both data synchronization and data replication and support for version 25 of the Salesforce API.
- NetSuite multiple targets support for optimal General Ledger integration use cases.
- New Cloud Integration Template Marketplace Mall
– Provides access to pre-built, reusable and customizable Cloud Integration Templates from third-parties and Informatica, making it easier to consume custom processes and benefit from best practices developed by the community.
- “The new Informatica Cloud user interface will make the cloud integration solution even more user friendly,” said Matthias Jaekel, CRM Manager at Immobilien Scout GmbH. “Other features in the Winter 2013 release will accelerate the time it takes to access, integrate and deliver valuable data in order to meet our business imperatives.”
- “Our benchmark research into data and the cloud finds that more than 40% of organizations need or plan to add data integration for cloud computing and SaaS,” said Mark Smith, CEO and Chief Research Officer at Ventana Research. “The Informatica Cloud Winter 2013 release continues to advance its cloud computing offering as a platform for supporting a range of applications and data needs for any business.”
- “With the Winter 2013 release, Informatica innovation continues to advance the state of cloud integration across multiple fronts – from ease-of-use and developer productivity to connectivity, cloud data quality and MDM, to simplifying the ability to leverage community best practices and the Informatica Marketplace,” said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Integration, Informatica. “Powered by the industry’s leading integration platform-as-a-service, Informatica Cloud enables organization of all sizes to unlock the full power of their cloud solutions and realize a higher return on data.”
Note: Informatica, Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Platform, Informatica Cloud, Informatica Cloud MDM, Informatica Marketplace and Informatica Cloud Community are trademarks orregistered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.