TORONTO, Canada and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 17, 2012 -
- The Empire Life Insurance Company (Empire Life), one of the leading life insurance companies in Canada, is standardizing on the Informatica Platform to power customer centricity and maximize return on data enterprise-wide.
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Empire Life is creating an unified data environment, dubbed the “customer experience framework,” using integrated Informatica Platform components including Master Data Management, Enterprise Data Integration and Data Quality.
- By providing effective management of customer information, Empire Life is better positioned to deliver on its focus to become a customer-centric organization that is able to work with its distribution partners to deliver value-added products and services to customers throughout their life stages.
- The various components of the Informatica Platform will enable Empire Life to increase the value of its data by ensuring that the information available to its hundreds of business users is:
- Holistic and timely – Informatica PowerCenter Advanced Edition for enterprise data integration is being implemented to integrate data across Empire Life back-office systems, CRM systems, call center technologies and collaborative applications. PowerCenter also delivers data at virtually any speed, from real-time to batch, to drive knowledge-based product and marketing decisions and customer interactions.
- Authoritative – Informatica MDM (Master Data Management) for multi-domain master data management is underpinning a master data hub to feed authoritative master data to consuming applications, business users and customer-facing personnel. The initial implementation for managing customer master data will be extended in a later phase to also manage product master data on the same MDM platform.
- Trustworthy – Informatica Data Explorer will enable data to be profiled for hidden risks and structural issues and stop quality problems from spreading in Empire Life data. Informatica Data Quality will enable Empire Life to address and proactively manage data quality across its information environment.
- Informatica will also help reduce the cost of data at Empire Life by reducing overall data management expense and effort, simplifying the IT infrastructure and reducing the costs of key customer-facing operations.
- Empire Life is collaborating with Informatica partner Adastra and with Informatica Professional Services to optimize its customer-centricity project and Informatica deployment.
Tweet this: #EmpireLife Powers Customer Centricity with @InformaticaCorp http://bit.ly/TXTw1Y #dataintegration #EnSW
- “The Informatica Platform will have a transformative effect on how we function as a business and align ourselves to meet the needs of our customers,” said Kevin Arbour, vice president, Enterprise Services and Technologies, Empire Life. “We selected Informatica for the strength of its products, which we felt fit very well with our objectives, and for its strong partner ecosystem in Canada. The expertise and professionalism we’ve experienced from Informatica has been exemplary and we have a large pool of resources upon which to draw as we proceed on our customer-centricity journey. It’s been a great journey so far and we expect that to continue.”
- “Customer profiles and expectations are changing radically around the world, and not just for financial services firms like Empire Life, but across all industries,” said Ron Reed, general manager, Canada, Informatica. “Organizations need to be able maximize their return on data in order to efficiently and fully meet those expectations. The Informatica Platform empowers companies to access, integrate, trust and manage their information assets in their drive toward increased competitiveness.”
About Empire Life
A subsidiary of E-L Financial Corporation Limited and in business since 1923, Empire Life helps Canadians build wealth and protect their financial security with competitive individual and group life and health insurance, investment and retirement products. The company’s vision is to be the leading, independently owned, Canadian financial services company committed to simplicity, being easy to do business with and having a personal touch.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform, PowerCenter, Informatica MDM, Informatica Data Explorer and Informatica Data Quality are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.