REDWOOD CITY, Calif., 26 novembre 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that three Informatica customers were named Leaders in the 2012 Ventana Research Leadership Awards and one Informatica product—PowerCenter Big Data Edition—has won a coveted 2012 Ventana Research Technology Innovation Award.
- Informatica customers taking home top Leadership Awards in their respective categories include:
- HMS Holdings Corp.: IT Leadership Award for Analytics and Overall IT Leader.
- Moffitt Cancer Center:Business Technology Award forBig Data.
- Ochsner Health System: IT Leadership Award for Information Management.
- Additionally, Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition won the top award in the Information Management category of the Ventana Research Technology Innovation Awards.
- Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition is a major innovation for enterprises that need to control costs as data volumes grow, quickly onboard new data types from a variety of data sources, such as social, mobile, cloud and sensor devices, and deliver data at the velocity the business demands. By leveraging new analytical platforms, such as Hadoop, only PowerCenter Big Data Edition works both with emerging technologies and traditional data management infrastructure to unlock the value of big data while lowering big data costs and risks.
- The Ventana Research Leadership and Technology Innovation Awards recognize organizations and supporting technology vendors that have effectively achieved superior results through using people, processes, information and technology while applying best practices within specific business and technology categories.
- The Informatica customers taking home top awards in their categories all leverage the industry-leading Informatica Platform as the basis for maximizing their return on data.
- HMS Holdings Corp., a leader in cost containment, program integrity and coordination of healthcare benefits solutions for government-funded, commercial and private entities, has to meet internal service level agreements that guarantee data is available so business reports are accurate and up to date. If the data movement window is missed, business decision makers are exposed to using inaccurate or out of date information. Informatica ensures that HMS Holdings’ very high volume of data is loaded into its Teradata data warehouse on time, every time. With Informatica, HMS Holdings is confident that it has the information it needs in its data warehouse to deliver break through results that ensure healthcare claims are paid correctly and by the responsible party. Mike Klinkenberg, senior director of business intelligence for HMS, also won the Overall IT Leader Award for delivering significant information technology improvements at HMS.
- Moffitt Cancer Center,the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, is using the Informatica Platform as the data integration backbone for its Health Research Information (HRI) Platform, an enterprise-grade data warehouse. Using Informatica, Moffitt is able to integrate large volumes of data about cancer patients from multiple source systems and subsequently improve cancer research, clinical decision making, patient access to health records and administrative decision support. By providing easier access to data, Informatica is helping Moffitt tackle its big data challenge and ultimately accelerate research and improve patient outcomes.
- Ochsner Health System, southeast Louisiana’s largest healthcare delivery system with eight hospitals and 38 health centers across the state and more than 13,000 employees, is using the Informatica Platform as the data integration backbone of its new electronic medical record (EMR) system, based on the Epic EMR platform. Through its use of Informatica, Ochsner is one of the very first healthcare delivery systems to migrate and integrate large volumes of historical data from a homegrown, legacy EMR into Epic. Informatica is helping power multiple information initiatives across Ochsner, ranging from health information exchange (HIE) and business intelligence (BI) to data quality and compliance. Ochsner’s use of the Informatica Platform improves data accuracy, consistency and timeliness and is helping the multispecialty healthcare provider streamline patient care and improve patient outcomes.
Tweet this: News: @InformaticaCorp & Customers Win 2012 @VentanaResearch Leadership & Innovation Awards http://bit.ly/TfAYqD #bigdata #analytics
- “I am excited to be able to present the winners of the 2012 Leadership Awards, which is the largest industry technology awards to date with over 26 awards honoring individuals and organizations of all industries and sizes from across the world that have distinguished themselves in their approach to using software and technology,” said Mark Smith, CEO and chief research officer, Ventana Research. “I would like to congratulate the organizations and individuals for their achievements and also applaud Informatica for its support in helping its customers find the most value from their data and investments.”
- “We are extremely proud of the Informatica customers recognized by this year’s Ventana Research Leadership Awards for their achievements in information management, big data and analytics, and are honored to have played a part in their successes,” said Chris Boorman, chief marketing officer, Informatica. “Additionally, having Informatica win the top information management award for PowerCenter Big Data Edition is a testament to our commitment to providing customers with solutions to help them meet the challenges of big data while maximizing their return on data and ultimately increasing their competitive advantage.”
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter and Informatica Platform aretrademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.