REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 09, 2010 -
- Today Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of enterprise data integration software, announced that Bay & Bay Transportation, a leading mid-sized, full-service freight carrier, is using Informatica Cloud Services.
- Driving sales performance by synchronizing back-office systems with Salesforce CRM for consistent, 360-degree shared views of assets, brokerage data, and customer information.
- Anticipated revenue generation across Bay & Bay’s sales operations – with merely a one percent annual increase has resulted in a 900 percent return on project – while enabling a six month breakeven on the company’s total CRM investment.
- Arming Bay & Bay’s sales team with up-to-date consolidated views of loads by customer, revenue and margin for each deal, and job status to better serve their clients.
- Synchronizes data bi-directionally across the company’s Salesforce CRM implementation and its in-house asset management, brokerage and accounting systems.
- All data integration and synchronization tasks performed seamlessly and securely in the cloud.
- Avoids installing, managing and maintaining data integration software, hardware and infrastructure in favor of a flexible, pay-as-needed, on-demand approach to data integration better aligning budget and available resources.
- Selected Informatica over other cloud data integration vendors for its superior product value, capabilities, cloud integration roadmap and leadership in the overall data integration market.
- Ease of use empowered non-technical business users to leverage the solution, strengthened IT/business collaboration, and set the stage for future projects – including a pending pricing project that will use Informatica Cloud Services to help improve Bay & Bay’s selling margins.
Tweet this: @InformaticaCorp Customer Bay & Bay Sees 900% Return on Critical Cloud Data Integration Project #saas #cloud http://bit.ly/akIRt8
- “If Bay & Bay didn't have Informatica, we couldn't have done any customer relationship management,” said Rob Adams, CIO, Bay & Bay Transportation. “By taking charge of our sales operations and putting all the sales information in one place, the Bay & Bay sales teams are devoting less time to administration and spending more time closing deals. Our sales managers can also use the real-time visibility into their team’s activities to forecast sales more effectively. Overall, if Bay & Bay achieves a one percent increase in sales revenues from this Informatica implementation, it will translate into a 900 percent return on investment.”
- “To grow in a down economy and prepare for the coming recovery, companies need to make full use of all their data, whether it resides inside the corporate firewall or in the cloud,” said Ron Papas, general manager, Informatica Cloud. “Informatica Cloud Services helps growing companies, such as Bay & Bay, quickly and cost-effectively address today’s data management challenges regardless of their business systems landscape, while retaining control and doing so in a secure manner.”
About Bay & Bay
Headquartered in Rosemount, Minnesota, family-owned Bay & Bay Transportation is a leading mid-sized, full-service carrier for freight of all kinds throughout North America. Providing transportation and logistics management services, Bay & Bay continually invests in its people, equipment and technology to ensure a true transportation partnership.
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. The Informatica Platform provides organizations with a comprehensive, unified, open and economical approach to lower IT costs and gain competitive advantage from their information assets. More than 3,900 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise and in the internet cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com.
Note: Informatica and Informatica Cloud are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.