REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 02, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that Kelley Blue Book, the leading provider of new car and used car information, has implemented Informatica PowerCenter to enhance the online vehicle browsing and purchasing experience.
- Informatica PowerCenter is the centerpiece of Kelley Blue Book’s new enterprise architecture. With Informatica, data-driven Kelley Blue Book is able to leverage a single platform to integrate, transform and move virtually any type of data from nearly any source, to nearly any target across the enterprise.
- Informatica helps improve the processing and timeliness of Kelley Blue Book’s data.
- Informatica PowerCenter replaces Kelley Blue Book’s legacy data integration solutions. Informatica enables enterprise-class scalability, codeless development, faster time-to-market for new data types and extensive reuse to the company’s data integration processes.
- By delivering a near real-time view of the vehicle researching and buying process, the Informatica solution is enabling Kelley Blue Book to:
- Enhance the consumer experience – By integrating click-through and other site data for analysis, PowerCenter helps Kelley Blue Book create more compelling vehicle viewing experiences for www.kbb.com’s 16+ million visits per month.
- Improve data processing efficiencies – PowerCenter enables faster publication of vehicle valuations and vehicle information to the kbb.com website.
Tweet this: Kelley Blue Book Leverages @InformaticaCorp for Faster Time-to-Market, Enhances Consumer Experience http://bit.ly/IizQTC
- “Kelley Blue Book has always been a forward-thinking company looking for new ways to enhance the customer experience,” said Dan Ingle, senior vice president, analytic insights and technology, Kelley Blue Book. “And, Informatica PowerCenter is pivotal to KBB’s ability to continually enhance its value to customers by enabling the delivery of more types of data to more people, products and services more efficiently. Using PowerCenter, we can acquire, integrate and distribute any kind of information in a high performance fashion: from analytical data to images to car review content to click streams. Plus, we are able to leverage an extensive set of common data integration resources across the organization since everyone is trained on Informatica, which is significantly increasing our time-to-market performance.”
- “Kelley Blue Book’s use of Informatica underscores the immense business value that can be derived from integrating interaction data, such as web site data and social data, with data from more traditional sources, such as transaction data in databases,” said Sachin Chawla, senior vice president and general manager, Data Integration, Informatica. “From transaction data to interaction data, Informatica PowerCenter enables organizations to maximize their return on virtually all their data, regardless of location, format, volume or latency.”
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica,PowerCenter and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.