MADRID, May 07, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA):, the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, has announced that the insurance company santalucía will use the Informatica Platform for the data integration required for the Solvency II project, and also for auditing the quality of customer data within the framework of the company's strategic projects. Thanks to these initiatives, the company can rely on comprehensive and reliable data.
- The data integration project for Solvency II was a top priority for the insurance company in 2012. santalucía will use Informatica PowerCenter to integrate data originating from multiple sources into the risk database, ensuring compliance with quality standards set by Solvency II and achieving greater operating efficiency
- santalucía aims to use the Informatica Platform to maximize return on data by increasing the value of the data by ensuring trustworthy data to enable regulatory compliance.
- In addition, Informatica Data Explorer has been used to analyze and measure the quality of customer data and manage data validation. This means that data quality problems or anomalies with the data can be identified and analyzed, for example inconsistencies between the name and sex of a policyholder, or even between the age and profession, which could affect the analysis of the data.
- As part of its business intelligence strategy, santalucía uses Informatica PowerCenter as a basis for its procurement processes, with the aim of providing greater flexibility in order to respond quickly to changes in the business requirements of the organization.
- santalucía is an insurance company with 90 years of experience covering family insurance. It is a leading insurance company that focuses on funeral insurance and is one of the principal national companies offering home insurance. santalucía works with a network of 370 agencies and 9000 employees throughout Spain to provide services to its 7.5 million customers. In 2010, it managed savings in life insurance of more than 1.1 billion euro with a portfolio of over 300,000 policies.
- santalucía selected Informatica PowerCenter due to its robustness and ease of use, not to mention its excellent reputation within the insurance industry. The insurer believes that the better quality of data and improved productivity provided by the platform will ensure a greater return on data.
- "Strategic initiatives such as those implemented by santalucía, helps customers mitigate risks, reduce costs and increase benefits, ensuring our customers achieve a greater return on investment in data," highlights Emilio Valdés, Regional Director for Spain and Portugal at Informatica. "A more accurate overview of customer risks helps ensure compliance with Solvency II and achieve greater operating efficiency."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform, PowerCenter and Informatica Data Explorer are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.