Informatica World, Las Vegas, May 14, 2014 -
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that the Western Union Company, a leader in global payment services, has made Informatica the data integration provider for its internal data initiative. Data insights are helping Western Union continue to enhance its digital service offerings, maximize customer satisfaction and improve brand loyalty across the many facets of its global operations.
See video: Western Union - Moving Money for Better
In 2013, Western Union completed 242 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide and 459 million business payments, equating to more than 29 transactions per second, on average. By consolidating and analyzing this significant volume of transaction data, the company will be able to:
- Identify trends in sending and receiving funds to create a more personalized customer experience,
- Closely monitor money movement shifts to help shape expansion strategies, and
- Identify opportunities to deliver an integrated customer experience across its multiple channels, including web, telephone, retail and mobile.
Western Union has implemented Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition for Hadoop to integrate structured and unstructured data – including mainframe, multiple databases and log files – from diverse data sources and transform it for processing on Hadoop at latencies ranging from real-time to daily.
Informatica Solutions Remove Data Barriers
The ready availability of Informatica PowerCenter developers has been instrumental to the staffing of the initiative. All editions of Informatica PowerCenter are built on Informatica Vibe, the world’s first and only embeddable virtual data machine. This means that any PowerCenter developer can develop up to five times faster for a Hadoop environment, such as Western Union’s, without needing to possess specialized Hadoop development skills. Further, even as technologies change, Western Union can efficiently run data integration jobs without having to rebuild data processing flows.
- “Customer centricity is at the heart of everything we do, and Western Union has a unique opportunity to leverage the power of data analysis to identify trends that will help shape our business and enhance our customers’ experiences, moving forward,” said Sanjay Saraf, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Western Union. “We look forward to continuing to work with Informatica to help unlock the true potential of the global scale of our business and customer base.”
- “Western Union epitomizes global reach, just as the services it provides epitomize the word vital,” said Ash Kulkarni, senior vice president and general manager, Data Integration, Informatica. “As with many companies, data is a critical factor in Western Union staying close to customers, providing a consistent experience across all channels, optimizing operations, and innovating successfully in a dynamic market. Informatica is helping Western Union leverage its data by automating integration and preparation for processing and downstream analysis.”
Tweet this: News: @WesternUnion uses @InformaticaCorp to unlock data potential & enhance customer experience http://bit.ly/1nFFTlU
About Western Union
The Western Union Company is a leader in global payment services. Together with its Vigo, Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Western Union Business Solutions branded payment services, Western Union provides consumers and businesses with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, to send payments and to purchase money orders. As of March 31, 2014, the Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded services were offered through a combined network of over 500,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories and over 100,000 ATMs. In 2013, The Western Union Company completed 242 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide, moving $82 billion of principal between consumers, and 459 million business payments. For more information, visit www.westernunion.com.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry’s first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique “Map Once. Deploy Anywhere.” capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition, Informatica Vibe and the Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.