INFORMATICA WORLD 2012, LAS VEGAS, May 15, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the winners of the 2012 Informatica Innovation Awards program, honoring innovative organizations that have achieved exemplary return on data through their use of the Informatica Platform.
- The winners were recognized by Sohaib Abbasi, chairman and chief executive officer of Informatica, who presented the award trophies at Informatica World 2012, the company’s twelfth data integration showcase and user conference, attended by customers, partners and industry professionals from around the world.
- Winners were selected from Informatica’s nearly 5,000 customers which best showcased their use of the Informatica Platform. The Platform helps organizations increase the value and lower the cost of data to maximize return on data, including delivering new revenue at lower costs, increasing margins and ensuring unique competitive differentiation to their businesses.
- Individual winners were recognized in 11 business and technical enablement award categories and one best-of-the-best award. The categories and winners in this year’s competition underscore the broad applicability of data integration technologies in today’s market and their vast potential for delivering business advantage. The 2012 winners in each category are:
- Accelerating Shareholder Value in Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures – Vale
- Cloud Computing – D&B
- Delivering Trusted Information to Drive Data Governance, Compliance and Reduce Risk – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan with HighPoint Solutions
- Driving Operational Excellence by Outsourcing Noncore Functions, Modernizing the Business, or Reducing IT Costs – Pfizer
- Efficient Messaging Architecture – Direct Edge
- Enabling Better Decision Making by Driving Business Intelligence – eHarmony
- Enhancing the Informatica Marketplace – Vertica, An HP company
- Fortifying Overall Operations with Global Data Quality – Fannie Mae
- Improving Customer Information to Enhance Customer Service or Increase Customer Revenue – Queensland Police Service
- Megatrends – Big Data, Cloud, Social Media – U.S. Xpress Enterprises
- Strengthening Partner Network Efficiency – Deutsche Telekom
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises was awarded the “best-of-the-best” Overall Award for the company’s strategic approach to data integration.
- “Use of the Informatica suite of tools has provided data that has helped the management team of U.S. Xpress reduce idle time and drive down costs” said Tim Leonard, chief technology officer and vice president for information technology, U.S. Xpress, Inc.
- “Informatica helps Direct Edge stay competitive among the world’s largest stock exchanges by helping our systems achieve high reliability, fast speed and maximum throughput,” said Richard Hochron, chief technology officer, Direct Edge. “We value the benefits we have accomplished with Informatica and winning this prestigious award among tough competition is a great achievement for us.”
- “Through their ground-breaking implementations, best practices and amazing set of achievements, the finalists and winners of the Informatica Innovation Awards exemplify the dramatic business value realized by integrating and cleansing data across the enterprise,” said Brian Babineau, vice president of research and analyst services, Enterprise Strategy Group. “As the finalists and winners illustrate, access to relevant, timely and trustworthy data underpins nearly all key business imperatives, from improving customer satisfaction to attract and retain more customers to ensuring the risk of a data breach is reduced and compliance with regulations is maintained. I applaud all of their successes as technology innovators.”
- “The Informatica Innovation Awards celebrate our customers and partners for their continued dedication to drive innovation and business success,” said Chris Boorman, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of Enablement and Informatica University, Informatica. “We congratulate these pioneering organizations for the remarkable successes they have achieved through the use of the Informatica Platform and are excited to be able to spotlight their cutting-edge implementations and best practices here at Informatica World 2012.”
Tweet this: 2012 @InformaticaCorp Innovation Award Winners Announced at Informatica World 2012 http://bit.ly/JuB9Nl #IW2012 @infaworld
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.