- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that Hachette Book Group (HBG), a leading U.S. trade publisher, is using the Informatica Platform as a cornerstone of the company’s data management, reporting and business intelligence infrastructure.
- The Informatica Platform is being used:
- To integrate selling, inventory and retail point-of-sales information across numerous internal and external data sources to help optimize future sales efforts, improve inventory management and increase sell-through and margins.
- In concert with front-end BI software from MicroStrategy to create an enterprise data integration and Business Intelligence (BI) environment.
- By hundreds of end-users across the company in finance, editorial, sales and marketing.
- For accessing, transforming and integrating data across HBG’s network of trading partners, including large retailers and more than one dozen distribution clients.
- HBG relied on expert support from Informatica Professional Services and Informatica Educational Services to help meet its aggressive implementation timeline.
Tweet this: Hachette Book Group Leverages @InformaticaCorp Platform to Enhance Inventory Management and Drive Sell-Through http://bit.ly/9iDGUu
- “We operate in a highly competitive market and it’s critical to our success to be first-in-class in business capabilities for ourselves and our distribution clients. Informatica is helping us achieve this by opening up our reporting capabilities across the enterprise,” said Ralph Munsen, CIO, Hachette Book Group. “We conducted a rigorous review of the leading vendors in the data integration and BI space and selected Informatica and MicroStrategy based on the tight integration between the two vendors as well as the user perspective and cost effectiveness. The Informatica Platform, with its near universal data access, robust metadata management and integrated data quality assurance, is a major asset for Hachette Book Group.”
- “Comprehensive business and market views are essential to the success of any distribution or retail oriented business today, and especially to those operating in fast changing industries such as publishing,” said Girish Pancha, executive vice president, Data Integration, Informatica. “In creating a world-class data integration and BI environment that spans beyond its enterprise boundaries, HBG is strengthening its competitive advantage, increasing its business agility at a time of rapid change, and positioning itself to capture greater share of wallet and higher margins. The Informatica Platform provides a complete set of data integration capabilities and tools to enable timely and accurate business intelligence as well as streamlined operations.”
About Hachette Book Group
Hachette Book Group is a leading US trade publisher headquartered in New York, and owned by Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. In one year, HBG publishes approximately 450 adult books, 150 young adult and children’s books, and 60 audio book titles. In 2008, the company had a record 107 books on the New York Times bestseller list, with 35 of them ranked #1.
HBG also provides a wide range of custom distribution, fulfillment and sales services to third party publishers including Harry N. Abrams, Amazing People Club, Chronicle Books, Filipacchi Publishing, Gildan Media, Guinness World Records, Hachette UK, InnovativeKids, Marvel, Octopus Books, Oxmoor House, Peterson’s, Phaidon Press, Time Inc. Home Entertainment, and Windblown Media.