What: Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that it is hosting the second annual Data Virtualization Experts’ Forum. Participants will take part online and hear directly from industry architects, Business Intelligence (BI) professionals, analysts and implementers encouraging interactivity throughout the event.
During the two-hour live event, participants will learn about real-world data virtualization use cases across industries, including architecture, best practices, business benefits and implementation methodologies of this agile data integration approach.
Who: A selection of industry experts, including:
- Informatica executives David Lyle, co-author of Lean Integration: An Integration Factory Approach to Business Agility, and Ash Parikh, senior director, product marketing.
- Keynote speaker: industry luminary Rick van der Lans, R20/Consultancy, founder and principal analyst focused on data business intelligence and data warehousing and author of the first book on data virtualization: Data Virtualization for Business Intelligence Systems.
- Representatives from Informatica customer and partner companies as panelists on the End User and Implementer panels.
Why: Organizations today, have an incomplete, out-of-date and inaccurate view of their business because:
- It takes too long to deliver IT projects.
How can you ensure that the business gets the data it needs within hours or days, rather than weeks or months?
- Too much iteration is needed between business and IT.
How can you accelerate the process with managed self-service, making sure the business is involved early and often to avoid mistakes?
- It is too hard to support change.
How can you deliver flexibility so that consuming applications are not impacted when changes occur in the underlying systems?
- Direct access to operational systems increases risk.
How can you make sure that the business has access to the freshest data without impacting operational systems?
Companies will learn how to be able to deliver a more complete, current and accurate view across enterprise data by leveraging Agile Data Integration best practices and architecture. The business can finally have access to new critical data and reports it needs and trusts, in days versus months.
When: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
Where: The Data Virtualization Experts Forum 2012 will be on online event. Register for the event by clicking here.
Tweet this: Event: @InformaticaCorp to Host Virtual Data Virtualization Experts Forum 2012 http://bit.ly/Q5EWBi #virtualization