Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of enterprise data integration software, today announced that it was awarded “Company of the Year” by the Entrepreneurs Foundation at their 11th annual Powered by EF reception and recognition event. The Entrepreneurs Foundation selected Informatica because of the company’s commitment to giving back to the community. The Company of the Year award is given to the organization that, through its activities and partnerships during the previous calendar year, clearly demonstrates its commitment to philanthropic and community involvement programs as part of its core business values.
Additional criteria on why Informatica was selected by the Entrepreneurs Foundation as Company of the Year include:
- Informatica encompasses the full spectrum of what it means to be a good corporate citizen.
- The company strategically selects a limited number of nonprofit partners that truly match its business objectives and community involvement goals.
- Recognizing a need to communicate community involvement to employees and customers, Informatica created a substantial community presence on its company internal and external websites.
- Employee volunteering being recognized and promoted with regular “Employee Spotlight” features that encourage employees to share how they engage in the community and promote the non-governmental organization (NGO) the company supports.
- Supports NGOs in multiple international regions and supports issues with broad appeal to employees throughout the world.
- In 2010, Informatica offered a matching gift opportunity for employee disaster support.
Informatica’s Three Specific Areas of Giving
- Maximizing Community Benefit –
- Informatica has matched employee donations for relief efforts following natural disasters including: the tsunami in Thailand, Hurricane Katrina, the Haiti earthquake and the Pakistan flood.
- Helping Youth Prepare for School –
- Informatica is supporting buildOn, an organization that empowers people and transforms lives by building schools that bring literacy to children in developing countries around the world such as India, Brazil, Haiti, Senegal and Bolivia. buildOn programs are designed to build confidence and real-world capabilities in American youth while also empowering communities worldwide to overcome the crippling cycle of illiteracy, poverty and low expectations by opening the door to education.
- In preparation for the start of a new school year, Informatica at headquarters participated in a backpack drive with Family Giving Tree, a nonprofit organization serving social service agencies and charities throughout the region. The Family Giving Tree exists to provide a backpack filled with school supplies to those children most in need in local communities, while striving to inspire in them the values of kindness, philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Providing Valuable Work Experience –
- Informatica has partnered with Youth Uprising, a Bay Area nonprofit dedicated to the advancement of youth leadership development. Informatica has provided summer job opportunities for local students as part of the Oakland Mayor’s Summer Job Program.
Tweet this: Entrepreneurs Foundation Selects @InformaticaCorp as Company of the Year for Philanthropic Efforts and Company Giving http://bit.ly/acrvl1
“The partnership between Entrepreneurs Foundation and Informatica has grown tremendously during the past few years,” said Diane Solinger, executive director, Entrepreneurs Foundation. “Because of Informatica’s work with its nonprofit partners and its international employee volunteering programs, Entrepreneurs Foundation felt Informatica was most deserving of the Company of the Year award. Informatica exemplifies a Silicon Valley company that embodies the spirit of giving.”
“Being recognized as the Company of the Year by the Entrepreneurs Foundation is a true honor and a testament to the culture of accountability and innovation that our employees have built around the world and how they apply that to their efforts in volunteering and giving back to the community,” said Jo Stoner, senior vice president, human resources, Informatica. “Informatica will continue to be guided by these values as we strive to make a positive impact both locally and globally.”
About Entrepreneurs Foundation
Entrepreneurs Foundation (EF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to engaging companies of all sizes in corporate citizenship and philanthropic efforts so that new and leveraged resources are generated for community benefit. Since inception, Entrepreneurs Foundation's 880+ participating companies have created corporate philanthropic foundations and corporate citizenship programs that are making a positive impact in the social sector. Please visit Entrepreneurs Foundation at www.efnational.org.