Informatica Positioned as a Visionary
In its 2014 Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions report, Gartner has positioned Informatica as a visionary.
According to Gartner, the MDM of product data solutions are “software" products that;
- Support the global identification, linking and synchronization of product information across heterogeneous data sources through semantic reconciliation of master data
- Create and manage a central, persisted system of record or index of record for master data
- Enable delivery of a single product view to all stakeholders, in support of various business benefits
- Support ongoing master data stewardship and governance requirements through workflow-based monitoring and corrective action techniques
Additionally Gartner states, “the use of MDM of product data solutions ranges across different scenarios”1 in support of:
- Customer-facing business processes commonly found in e-commerce across different channels or “omnichannels”
- Supplier-facing procurement and/or product development business processes
- Enterprise- or ERP-centric view, starting with information architecture spanning all business processes and ending with consolidation of data from a corporate, global perspective
Learn more – Download the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions report now.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions, Andrew White, Bill O'Kane, November 6, 2014