- Effective February 1, 2014 all Specialist level exams and our Velocity Expert exam have new pricing. Each exam is now priced at $240 USD. And, your purchase of an exam includes a free retake.
- Effective April 1, 2014 you will no longer need to navigate and search Informatica's training pages to purchase your exam voucher. Purchasing and scheduling your exam is in your hands. Simply log into your test taker account and get started!
- Any questions? please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I get started with Informatica Certification?
- What is the price of the exams? Is a 2nd attempt included? Are there training pre-requisites to meet?
- What is an exam skill set inventory?
- What should I expect when taking the exam?
- What do I need to know when purchasing an exam?
- What do I need to know when scheduling my exam?
- How has the actual testing process changed?
- If I choose online proctored testing what do I need to do to set up my computer?
- What if I have to miss my exam appointment?
- How do I find out if there is a test center near me?
- What do I need to know when testing at a test center?
- When do I receive my exam results?
- Can I get a detailed report of my exam answers?
- Do I have to re-certify every year?
- As part of the testing process each test taker must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). What am I agreeing to?
- What does this NDA agreement mean to me?
- What happens if I fail an exam?
- Is there an exam retake policy?
- How and when will I receive my certificate? Will I receive a hard copy?
- Will I receive a logo to use?
- Who can I contact to verify that an individual is Informatica certified?
- Are exams refundable?
How do I get started with Informatica Certification?
What is the price of the exams? Is a 2nd attempt included?
- Effective February 1st 2014 new pricing.
- Each Specialist and the Velocity Expert exam are now 3 training units (each unit at $80 = total price of $240 USD).
- Each exam purchase now includes a no cost 2md attempt.
- Coming in 1H 2014: Exam prerequisites. No exceptions!
- No other discounts apply. Back to top
What is an exam skill set inventory?
- This document provides:
- 5 sample questions
- A breakdown on topics and concepts tested
- These topics and concepts and how they are weighted in the exam
- Recommended training
- The format of an exam
- Find all inventories
Back to top
What should I expect when taking the exam?
- All Informatica Certified Specialist exams are in multiple choice, multiple response or true/false formats. Each Specialist exam has 70 questions with a passing score of 70%. You will be given up to 90 minutes to complete the exam.
- The Velocity Best Practices & Implementation Methodology exam has 40 questions with a passing score of 70% and you are given up to 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- These exams measure the required skills and capabilities of a full team member on a standard project implementation.
- the exams are hard! Preparation is critical to passing. Back to top
What do I need to know when purchasing the exam?
- If you are a partner you need to purchase your exam using your company email. This will ensure you receive any discount that is part of your partner program membership.
- No refunds are granted.
- Your receipt is the email purchase confirmation you receive.
- Once you receive your email confirmation you must schedule your exam appointment right away.
- The scheduling exam voucher code you receive will have an expiration date. Back to top
What do I need to know when scheduling my exam?
- Once you receive your exam voucher code you must schedule your exam immediately.
- You can schedule your exam for any date in the future for the time, day, and method that best meets your needs.
- Missing, cancelling or rescheduling your exam appointment is your responsibility.
- Rescheduling is done within your test taker profile account.
- Canceling your exam requires notification to email@example.com
- Missing your appointment, canceling, or rescheduling an exam by giving less than 72 business hours prior notice is subject to a same-day forfeit exam fee. Back to top
How has the actual testing process changed?
- You may choose to take your exam either at a test center or online.
- Your exam will be proctored. This means there is a live person monitoring you during the exam. This is true for both test center and online testing.
- When you schedule the day, time and location of your exam you are scheduling an actual exam appointment.
- Missing your exam appointment results in forfeiture. Back to top
If I choose online proctored testing what do I need to do to setup my computer?
- You must complete the setup steps you will receive in your scheduled appointment confirmation email. http://www.kryteriononline.com/docs/PreparingForYourExam.pdf
- This must be done prior to your test appointment!
- A detached web camera is required for the online proctored exam.
- Standard English keyboards only are supported. If you are using a non-English standard keyboard please go to Microsoft's Support Website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258824 for instructions on modifying your keyboard to ensure a successful test launch.
- The testing room must be well lit, quiet, and free from distraction.
- The testing surface is clutter-free and contains only one computer, one monitor, one keyboard, and one mouse.
- No use of reference materials (printed or online) and/or discussion with any other individual other than the proctor is allowed.
- If you experience technical difficulties during set-up, launch, or within your Assessment, please contact KRYTERION Technical Support at 1-877-313-2008 or 1-602-659-4679.
- For all other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
What if I have to miss my exam appointment?
- Log on to your test taker account to reschedule free of charge giving greater than 72 hours (onsite exam) / 24 hours (online exam).
- Cancelling or rescheduling an onsite exam less than 72 hours (onsite exam) / 24 hours (online exam) prior are subject to a same-day forfeiture of the exam fee.
- The same exam fee forfeiture applies to test takers who miss a scheduled exam appointment. Back to top
How do I find out if there is a test center near me?
What do I need to know when testing at a test center?
- When taking an exam at a testing center please arrive up to 15 minutes early, and provide the proctor with the Test Taker Authorization Code.
- You will be required to provide the Exam Proctor two (2) forms of identification (one must be a photo Government issued ID). Secondary identification would be a credit card, bank debit card, employee identification card. NOTE: In the United States a Social Security card is “not” an acceptable form of identification.
- You will receive a test taker responsibility agreement.
- Your Exam Your Appointment and Your Responsibility: I understand I can reschedule my test session appointment with more; than 72 hours’ notice without penalty. I understand I cannot reschedule my scheduled test session appointment with less than seventy-two (72) hours’ notice and would require contacting Informatica at “email@example.com”. I understand that if I do reschedule my registration with less than 72 hours’ notice, I may be required to pay an additional fee. “Note: If you fail to appear for your scheduled appointment and do not provide Informatica with an acceptable reason, you will be charged for your next exam”.
- Special Accommodations (i.e. “Zoom Text” or a “reader”): I understand it is my responsibility to request any special accommodations (which requires 30 days advance notice) that I may require through Informatica for approval and test center arrangement prior to scheduling my test session. If you require a special accommodation and have not already made arrangements with Informatica, please click the Cancel button below and contact Informatica at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No use of reference materials (printed or online) and/or discussion with any other individual other than the proctor is allowed. Back to top
When do I receive my exam results?
Can I get a detailed report of my exam answers?
- No. In order to maintain the integrity of the exam, the answers to the test questions are NOT provided
- You will receive an email your pass/fail status, topic area performance and your final score. Back to top
Do I Have to re-certify every year?
- No, our new certification program aligns with our product major release and retirement schedule. This means that over time, the version you are certified on becomes less meaningful.
- For example; all v8 certification has expired along with PowerCenter v8.6 product retirement December 2012. Back to top
As part of the testing process each test taker must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). What am I agreeing to?
- This exam is confidential and proprietary. It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose of assessing your proficiency level in the skill areas referenced in the title of this exam. To protect the integrity of the examinations, the examinee must adhere to strict guidelines. The examinee shall not disclose to any third party the contents of this examination, including, but not limited to questions, form of questions, or answers, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose. I have read and agree to the terms of the above statement. Back to top
What does this NDA agreement mean to me?
- Our customers and partners view certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments in skill development. Consequently, Informatica University works vigorously to enhance the value of Informatica certifications – including improving examinations and maintaining appropriate testing standards. As such, we need to take action when the testing standards are not being met and any questionable activity during the test takers exam occurs.
- Action may be banning from any future test taking or revocation of certification recognition. Back to top
What happens if I fail an exam?
- You will need to reregister for the exam. There is one attempt per registration. You must pay the exam fee each time you take the exam. Back to top
Is there an exam retake policy?
- Yes. You must wait two weeks after an exam to schedule an examit again.
- You may take the same exam up to three times in one year from the date of your first exam attempt. Back to top
How and when will I receive my certificate? Will I receive a hard copy?
- After passing your exam you will receive via email a soft copy certificate. We are unable to provide a hard copy of the certificate. Please ensure the email address in your test taker account is current and correct. Back to top
Will I receive a logo to use?
- Yes your logo will be emailed to you with your certificate after passing an exam. Back to top
Who can I contact to verify that an individual is Informatica certified?
Are exams refundable?
- Exam vouchers cannot be refunded.
- They are for immediate consumption by a specific individual.
- Test takers are allowed to reschedule (giving greater than 72 hours (onsite exam) / 24 hours (online exam)) free of charge to a later exam date; as long as appointment slots are available for your selected time, day and location. Your chosen appointment date could be outside 365 days after your voucher purchase. Back to top
About Informatica University
Informatica University provides training and certification on Informatica products, enabling customers and partners to accelerate their return on data and drive customer success. For more information contact us at email@example.com