BRASILIA, Brazil and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., August 08, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Universidade Estácio de Sá, Brazil’s second largest private university, has put the Informatica Platform at the center of its new modernized information infrastructure servicing almost 250,000 students across 75 campuses.
- Projected to minimize potential financial risks for Estácio, the Informatica Platform is enabling the university to:
- Optimize the relationship with its students through improved data quality.
- Engage in efficient, low-risk data migration to its new Enterprise Campus solution.
- Integrate newly acquired colleges and universities faster by leveraging a standardized platform for nearly all data integration projects.
- Substantial potential financial risk minimization is being realized through Informatica’s elimination of inaccurate data, including:
- Improving the collection of tuition fees – In solving the problem of inaccurate address and identification number data, Informatica Data Quality, a component of the Informatica Platform, is helping the university capture monthly fees that might not have otherwise been collected due to wrongly addressed mailings.
- Reducing the amount of incorrectly delivered teaching materials – With Informatica Data Quality, this error rate is expected to reach zero in the next few months as data quality initiatives unfold, thus eliminating potential financial impacts.
- The Informatica Platform is also helping Estácio migrate from a legacy student information system to PeopleSoft’s Enterprise Campus solution, minimizing the data migration risk and enabling the university to capitalize fully on its new enterprise resource planning investment.
- Additionally, Informatica will help strengthen Estácio’s ability to expand its strategy of growing through acquisitions by providing the capability to integrate and ensure the quality of huge volumes of data from acquired institutions, regardless of data source or format.
- Estácio is working closely with Informatica Professional Services across its various data integration, data quality and data migration projects.
Tweet this: Estácio University Realizes Significant Annual Savings with @InformaticaCorp http://bit.ly/MPIu9V #dataquality
- “Informatica is Estácio’s most important and trusted technology partner,” said José Ricardo Cavalcante, IT Infrastructure manager, Estácio. “Through the combination of data quality and data integration, the Informatica Platform is helping the university to generate exceptional operational efficiencies, drive an increase in registered students and sustain its position as Brazil’s leading center for academic excellence.”
- “Estácio is wisely placing enterprise data integration and enterprise data quality at the center of its systems modernization efforts,” said Ivan Chong, executive vice president, Data Quality, Informatica. “Consequently the university is achieving a rapid and significant return on data, starting with the elimination of financial and operational risks through the use of timely, trustworthy and relevant data.”
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform, PowerExchange and Informatica Data Quality are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.