REDWOOD CITY, Calif., September 05, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that the Houston Independent School District (HISD), the largest public school system in Texas, has selected the Informatica Platform to help drive educational and operational performance across its 279 schools.
- The Informatica Platform will enable the creation and continuing enhancement of a seamless, enterprise-wide data environment designed to meet the analytic needs of educators, administrators, performance-enhancement officers and operational users throughout the 203,000-student district.
- In centralizing access to data drawn from the district’s diverse systems, Informatica will support key HISD core initiatives, such as effective teaching in every classroom, rigorous instructional standards and supports and data-driven accountability.
- Specifically, the Informatica Platform will:
- Power integrated analytic views across HISD’s various systems, such as student information, gradebook, food services, transportation, special education and student assessment systems, to help improve learning outcomes, drive staff development and optimize resource planning and compliance reporting.
- Manage change within the data integration environment while delivering trustworthy data through metadata management. This provides HISD visibility into its data flows from data sources, through the data warehouse, to the reports and analyses that are used to make business decisions.
- Provide a flexible, scalable foundation for HISD’s rapidly evolving data integration and analytic needs.
- Use of the Informatica Platform will enable HISD to achieve a higher return on data by:
- Increasing the value of data through seamless access to trusted, holistic data for improved decision making, reporting and educational/operational agility.
- Reducing the cost of data througheliminating current manual approaches to data aggregation and analysis.
- In addition to using Informatica PowerCenter Advanced Edition and Informatica PowerExchange, HISD is also working with Informatica Services, including Informatica Professional Services and Informatica University, for expertise in architecture and training.
Tweet this: Houston Independent School District Standardizes on @InformaticaCorp for #education excellence http://bit.ly/OLM1aN
- “Informatica has a successful record of empowering public-serving and other organizations to make the most of their data,” said Arnold Viramontes, chief technology officer, Houston Independent School District. “We have numerous systems at HISD and the Informatica Platform will help us establish standards and credibility for the data that feeds the district’s data warehouse and powers strategic and day-to-day decisions concerning students, staff and operations.”
- “Maximizing return on data is paramount in public education, as educators on all levels are increasingly called upon to do more with less,” said Bill Sullivan, vice president, Public Sector, Informatica. “By integrating virtually any type of data from nearly any system at any speed to power timely and holistic views, the Informatica Platform cuts the costs and increases the usefulness of the data that school systems need to assess and improve student, teacher and school performance, make the best use of resources and support federal and state educational standards compliance.”
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform, PowerExchange, Informatica Professional Services and Informatica University are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.