REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 17, 2012 -
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number independent provider of data integration software, today announced that French Waterways has standardized on Informatica MDM, an integral component of the Informatica Platform to consolidate data and maximize the return on data. In time, more than 3,000 users will have access to accurate, trusted reference data for accelerated, streamlined decision-making surrounding Europe’s largest network of inland waterways.
- French Waterways is responsible for the management, operation, modernization and development of three areas of operation: Waterways (6,700 kilometers of navigable waterways and a 40,000 hectare property), Structural Services (4,000 permanent structures, such as bridges, dams and locks) and Real Estate (including, for example 1,600 lock houses.)
- On January 1, 2013, French Waterways will become a state-owned entity, replacing its current status as a public corporation. This shift will lead to major structural changes within French Waterways. The number of employees, for example, will increase from 300 to 5,000 and management will now have authority over all French Waterways’ personnel, including both private-sector and state employees.
- As a result, French Waterways is overhauling its IT infrastructure and must adhere to a new model of governance guiding its interaction with the regions. The organization is deploying multidomain Informatica MDM to consolidate data from disparate and siloed databases, establish unified data repositories and optimize data quality. Moreover, the best-in-class solution will support French Waterways’ requirement for reliable and authoritative data, by sharing critical information with external partners, such as customs, police and other European institutions.
- The project, which will take four years to complete, consists of the implementation of the new information system and five data repositories: boats, assets, external partners, personnel and nomenclature.
- The first repository, which contains information on vessels, was available in July 2012. This repository consolidates 15 databases containing information on boats, such as boat registration, technical information and merchandise onboard. The second repository, Assets, was launched in September 2012. The consolidation of data will also facilitate route planning with respect to bridge heights and tonnage limitations on the waterways.
- French Waterways chose Informatica MDM, in conjunction with Logica, now part of CGI. The principal selection criteria were openness, scalability and performance.
Tweet this: French Waterways Selects @InformaticaCorp to Consolidate & Optimize #Return on #Data http://bit.ly/Sr5Vxe #MDM
- “French Waterways chose the Informatica Platform for its openness compared to other systems, in addition to its performance, scalability and ease of use,” says Benoît Hollebecq, chief information officer, French Waterways. “By implementing a master data management system based on reliable, relevant and authoritative data, Informatica is helping French Waterways to establish an effective and sustainable data governance strategy.”
- “We are delighted that French Waterways has selected Informatica, together with CGI, to help maximize the return on data,” says Pascal Laik, managing director for France, Informatica. “The change in French Waterways’ status in January 2013 will create profound change in the organization. We understand the challenges related to these structural changes, and the subsequent requirement for trustworthy data that enables better data management and decision-making.”
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform and Informatica MDM are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.