New Salesforce Guides - Coming Full Circle to Informatica at Dreamforce
While at Dreamforce this year, it’s easy to say that interest in Salesforce was pretty high. This year, the message was all about “Customer 360” – the holy grail of achieving a complete 360-degree view of the customer. After all, as one of the leading CRM platforms, Salesforce has long championed the customer. Achieving that 360-degree view of the customer, however, requires data, including data from multiple on-premises and cloud data sources, applications, and processes. And therein lies the challenge for many users.
One of the biggest challenges for any CRM platform is ensuring access to timely, high quality, consistent, and secure data. Not every user enters the data the same way, and some may not enter any data at all. Similarly, not every user has the right to access every piece of data. Now, given infinite resources, time, and deep coding skills, almost every enterprise can use an SDK or an API to access any data from anywhere, irrespective for format, structure, security, etc. But most often, enterprises don’t have that liberty – they are looking for a zero-code and friction-less way to access data in real time while their Salesforce users are interacting with their customers.
That’s why Informatica launched its new Salesforce Guides to help improve access to enterprise data. Essentially, Salesforce Guides:
- Help business SMEs to quickly develop workflows embedded within the Salesforce users’ desktop and mobile experience.
- Eliminate the need for “swivel-chair,” providing real-time, interactive access to Salesforce and on-premises data at the user’s fingertips.
- Automate workflows to guide routine activities and put the right data to work, in real time, driving up productivity.
By automating many of the routine tasks from various sales, service, and marketing activities, users will experience a streamlined process workflow that will result in better user experience and in return, customer experience.
The new solution features the Informatica Guide Designer, an easy way for any user to quickly develop and deliver workflows that are embedded within the Salesforce user interface — no coding required. The guides eliminate inefficiencies associated with managing disparate data sources and allow users to easily input and access relevant data for sales, service, and marketing activities, such as lead-to-close sales lifecycle processes and call center automation.
Additional capabilities in Informatica Salesforce Guides for Hybrid Data Access include:
- No-code visual guide screen designer providing access to data within and external to Salesforce
- Salesforce and third-party system metadata discovery enabling point-and-click selection of objects and fields to work with on the screen
- Auto-discovery of Salesforce custom objects and fields
- One-click publishing and sharing of guides with the entire sales team
- Sample guides for lead nurturing, sales qualification, and call scripting
- High-performance, multi-tenant platform that scales with customers’ business needs
- Social and mobile support for iPad, iPhone, and Android devices, as well as Salesforce Chatter