Founded in 2007, Sunrun is leading the charge to create a planet run by the sun, building a more sustainable world through making solar simple for customers. The San Francisco-based company has approximately 4,400employees.
“Thanks to Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services and Google Cloud, we now have much more capacity for advanced analytics, giving us the insights we need to compete in the fast-changing solar power industry.”
- Simplify processes and architecture
- Integrate very large ERP datasets
- Reduce costs and improve scalability
- Achieve faster, more accurate reporting and visualization of business metrics and analytics
- Offer business intelligence (BI) and analytics capabilities to more business users to drive adoption throughout the company
- Accelerate cloud migration and build data pipelines faster to save time for IT and improve refresh cycles for data consumers
Solutions & Results
- Migrate from on-premises infrastructure to Google Cloud and use Cloud Storage and BigQuery as a cloud data lake and warehouse
- Deploy Looker, a business intelligence platform that connects directly to BigQuery, to simplify data visualization and provide self-service
- Saves time for IT, reducing data warehouse design time by 50 percent and infrastructure building time by 75 percent
- Use Informatica Cloud Data Integration to ingest data from dozens of source systems and build hundreds of pipelines into Google Cloud
- Enables reporting and visualization development in weeks versus multiple quarters, delivering high-quality analytics to business users 3x faster
- Expands base of analytics power users 7x, from approximately 100 employees to 700
Products & Services
Cloud Application Integration
Integrate apps and data in real time with intelligent business processes that span cloud and on-premises sources.
Power business innovation by delivering, managing, and synchronizing connected, trusted data from all sources.