The trouble is, no one ever thinks about the data up front—and that’s why so many of these projects go wrong.
- Hand-coded connectivity to applications can lead to sub-optimal access.
- Manual data quality checks are time consuming and don’t scale.
- Data formats and values in an existing application don’t match the target application.
- Critical data goes missing any time an application is consolidated or migrated.
- Application retirement efforts face the challenge of efficient archiving of the data.
- And most important, you need a new architectural approach to ensure existing and new applications can co-exist without increasing complexity.
The stakes couldn’t be higher. Multimillion-dollar IT projects take too long and cost far too much. Fifty percent of application data migrations fail; one in six IT projects fail big, missing deadlines 70 percent of the time and going 200 percent over budget.1 The business gets disrupted:
- Businesses file for bankruptcy with key stakeholders forced to resign.
- Rules and regulations aren’t satisfied, increasing scrutiny.
- Mergers and acquisitions integration efforts are delayed, risking non-compliance with day-one reporting requirements.
- Crucial customer data is lost or compromised, leading to business and reputational damage.
While application consolidation and modernization is a priority for enterprise IT, the accompanying data risks are rarely highlighted.
Managing your project
That’s where Informatica’s Application Consolidation and Migration solution comes in. By giving you the architecture, functionality, visibility, and methodology you need to manage all your application data, we streamline processes, accelerate projects, reduce costs, and eliminate risk. Our solution delivers you:
- Connectors and accelerators: Out-of-the-box application connectors, pre-built extraction, conversion and loading templates, and cleansing rules and tests save time and money on every project.
- Visibility and insight: Our metadata-driven approach gives you the visibility and insight you need to make faster and better-informed decisions about your data.
- Proven methodology: We’ve helped hundreds of companies save millions of dollars and hundreds of days across their projects.
- Flexible architecture: We provide the architecture to help you move applications to the cloud, retire applications, or simplify the point-to-point integrations between your applications.
Our solution gives you the platform and tools to manage the data living in your applications, so you can consolidate and migrate applications with less risk, more speed, and on budget.
1"Best Practices Mitigate Data Migration Risks and Challenges," 9 December 2014, Ted Friedman, Gartner, Inc.