The Persistence Edition is based on the same resilient “nothing in the middle” design as other Informatica Ultra Messaging products, but it uses one or more parallel data stores to deliver guaranteed messaging.
It empowers IT organizations to develop trading applications that enhance competitive advantage with guaranteed messaging that ensures zero-latency failover. The result is dramatically improved resilience and performance and reduced IT infrastructure costs.
Key features include the following:
- Provides guaranteed messaging without the downsides of a central messaging broker.
- Does not require SAN or HA hardware for failover.
- Works over any network (1GigE, 10GigE, and Infiniband) at very high throughput via open APIs (C, .NET, and Java).
- Supports a wide variety of protocols, including TCP/IP, latency-bounded TCP, reliable unicast and multicast, accelerated UDP multicast (kernel bypass), RDMA, and IPC.
- Recovers failed processes outside of the message path, delivering uninterrupted service to all parts of the system, regardless of bad behavior by any other process.
- Supports guaranteed messaging with zero-latency failover via an innovative hot/hot failover design.
Robust configuration tools
- Supports flexible topic design, publish/subscribe, request/reply, symmetrical data flow, wildcard receivers, and late join.
- Enables automatic topic resolution, multilayer group addressing, and flexible delivery ordering.
- Supports adjustable rate control to limit and protect against unexpected data flows and intelligent delivery to enable the sending application to determine the course in case of a slow receiver.
- Enables out-of-the-box SNMP integration.
- Provides a powerful gateway for easy and secure connections to different network domains.
- Supports Microsoft Windows, Linux, and UNIX – Windows 32- and 64-bit, Linux 64-bit, and UNIX 64-bit (AIX, HPUX, and Solaris).