The Travel Corporation is a travel and leisure group operating in more than 60 countries with 35 offices and more than 10,000 staff around the world, serving over 1.5 million customers annually. The group includes 30 award-winning brands, which comprise independently managed tour operations, hotels and river cruise ships. Some of these established businesses have been in operation for over 40 years.
“Gaining a 360-degree view of the customer is critical to our business model that emphasizes high-touch, highly tailored services. By adding Informatica’s Cloud MDM to Salesforce we were able to see all interactions with our customers no matter how they choose to communicate with us, regardless of whether it’s by mobile, social, phone or the website.”
- Gain a single, consistent view of global customer purchase patterns for sales and marketing.
- Leverage multiple-source data for greater customer insights and more customized and tailored service offerings.
- Improve reporting for household purchases and customer demographics.
- Original CRM system was too manual and change resistant.
- Needed to integrate more than 50 other systems with Salesforce, including an Oracle data warehouse, multiple flat files from e-commerce sites and booking data from numerous reservation systems
- Data management solution needed be cloud-based and flexible enough to accommodate 500 plus users, and all of their different views.
- CRM system maintenance required a team of eight developers, with service delivery to the business taking weeks and months.
- Had to cleanse and rationalize the multiple versions of the truth in order to create a trusted CRM environment.
- Existing hierarchies within Salesforce were not sufficient to create multiple customer views.
- Reduced from 36 hours to 60 minutes the time it takes to import daily data.
- Helped eliminate duplicates in the database both at implementation and on an on-going basis with a duplicate prevention layer in the Contact and Account creation process.
- Rolled up YoY reporting by using Cloud MDM to summarize and store multi-dimensional data.
- Automated many of manual processes and reduced the time and resources needed to administer Salesforce instance.
- TTC was able to go live within a few months of purchase.
- Shaved days off setup by uploading complex territories, sales manager and account ownership rules for the more than 500 users.