FPL Group is a $10 billion utility company with 12,000 employees in 26 states. To better manage its workforce and prepare for future growth, the company wanted to integrate all of its human resources systems into a single Web-enabled portal covering all HR information from recruitment to retirement.
“The whole manual metric collection process took about three weeks, and by then the data was stale. Now it takes us one day to collect the data, crank the numbers, and it's available the next day.”
- Provide managers and analysts with greater visibility into HR data.
- Improve decision-making.
- Delayed reporting: data was aggregated from legacy HR systems, packaged as spreadsheets, and distributed to business users for basic reporting.
- Create consistency in data definitions across the organization.
- Shortened access to HR metrics from three weeks to one day.
- Ensured data consistency enterprise-wide.
- Enabled end users to spot and understand trends and drivers.
- Simplified back-end administration.