The second largest sole distributor of natural gas in the US, AGL Resources serves more than 2.3 million customers in six states. Business segments consist of natural gas distribution operations, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping.
“Since migrating to Informatica PowerCenter, we have seen significant improvements in performance, reliability, metadata, and ease of use. As a result, we have been able to improve productivity and these productivity gains have already paid for the cost of our Informatica solution.”
- AGL’s energy and natural gas industry has been increasingly shaped by competition, deregulation, mergers and acquisitions, and diversification of operations.
- In response the company has turned its attention to better understanding customers and consumption trends to expand market share.
- Gain deeper insight into 2.3 million customers from a broad range of disparate sources.
- Develop a set of common data definitions and metrics to get a single version of the truth.
- Data maintained on a variety of relational and non-relational systems.
- Have access to both historical and current customer data for analysis.
- Improved data processing performance by 400%.
- Managed half-terabyte data warehouse with just one full-time employee.
- Achieved full ROI in less than a year.
- Implemented new pricing structure for improved market penetration.