Fastweb S.p.A., a subsidiary of Swisscom, is an Italian telecommunications company providing wireline, broadband Internet and digital television services.
“Informatica is a centerpiece of Fastweb’s digital transformation strategy. By placing customers at the heart of the business, Informatica will help Fastweb meet its commitment to reducing churn by 80% within three years.”
- In September 2014 Fastweb announced the extension of its ultra-broadband network in order to reach 7.5 million households and businesses, or 30% of Italy’s population by the end of 2016.
- A customer centricity strategy will also deliver the customer analytics needed to innovate new digital services and support the cross- and up-selling of complementary telecommunication services.
- Fastweb has embarked on a digital transformation program to move closer to its customers, counter competition and boost margins. A customer centricity strategy is a key component of this: enhancing customer service agility and quality, while also delivering increased loyalty.
- Fastweb had a highly fragmented view of customer data, spread across different order management system silos, an SAP ERP platform and an Oracle billing platform.
- Data residing in all these systems was overlapping, sometimes incomplete or missing altogether.
- As a result, customer support found it difficult to provide prompt, expert service and proactively propose complementary solutions.
- Management reporting was slow and often unreliable, undermining support for key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Fastweb standardized on Informatica to strategically manage customer data and understand the total customer relationship across services and channels. Data is cleaned in the source systems, and then integrated into a customer ‘hub’, so sales, marketing and customer service professionals have clean consistent and connected customer information fueling their applications.
- The company anticipates that this ‘single version of the truth’ will drive more agile and rewarding customer service, and help reduce customer churn by up to 80% within three years.
- Fastweb chose Informatica based on the proven, multidomain MDM capability, ease of use and the seamless connection between data integration, data quality and MDM
- Regardless of which channel a customer uses to contact Fastweb, agents have a total customer relationship view of the telecommunications services they use, their billing history, service enquiries and household information.
- Management reporting is more agile and reliable. To support trusted and timely business decision making, reports that track the time it takes from a customer order being received to it being activated are available almost immediately.
- Looking ahead, Fastweb will integrate unstructured big data into its customer hub, including data on applications use, location services and video streaming activity. This will be used to generate highly personalized service offerings, geared to increasing revenue, average revenue per user and loyalty.