Direct Edge, based in Jersey City, New Jersey, is an electronic marketplace where investors can buy and sell U.S. stocks. Daily trading volumes exceed one billion shares. It has 85 employees.
“Beyond low latency today, we wanted enterprise-class scalability, reliability and a vendor with a vision. That’s what makes Informatica so valuable to us.”
- Direct Edge needed to support major anticipated increases in trading volumes as it moved to become a full-fledged stock exchange.
- Reduce cost and system footprint.
- Lower latency throughout their system.
- Meet fast-growing capacity requirements, which could demand a 100% increase in messaging hardware investment.
- Tackle shortcomings of existing messaging environment, including high average latency, high latency distributions, low throughput and limited to only TCP transport.
- Resulted in $1 million savings in hardware cost.
- Led to 100% uptime to data delivery.
- Decreased latency by 83%.
- Reduced time to market by 50%.