Siemens AG ranks as a world leader in the field of electro technology and electronics. Headquartered in Berlin and Munich, the company has approximately 400,000 employees and is active in the industrial and public infrastructure, power, and healthcare sectors.
“Informatica ILM Nearline makes it more cost-effective and easier to store, manage, and secure large amounts of data. We also have extremely fast access to the data.”
- Make it more cost-effective and easier to store, manage, and secure large amounts of production data.
- Decrease noncompliance risk.
- Improve data delivery speed by lowering production system load and activation time.
- Unable to delete data from individual applications, in case historical analysis needed at a future date.
- Accelerated return on investment by reducing volume of near-lined data by 95%.
- Ensured near-lined data does not need to be restored into the production system to be manipulated or queried.
- Ensured extremely fast access to near-lined data.
- Increased value of data by allowing near-lined data to be accessed seamlessly from SAP NetWeaver BW interface.
- Reduce cost of data by making data more cost-effective and easier to store, manage, and secure.
- Required only a half-day of training for staff to begin using the system.