The BC Hydro and Power Authority is a Canadian electric utility and the country’s main electric distributor, serving 1.8 million customers.
“Informatica Data Replication provides BC Hydro customers with near real-time insights into their electricity consumption patterns, allowing them to make informed decisions to actively manage their electricity use.”
- Help customers monitor electricity consumption in near real-time.
- Provide an innovative market differentiator.
- Reduce total cost of ownership.
- Unable to achieve data agility required to enable near real-time insights into daily electricity consumption patterns.
- Processing growing volumes of electricity consumption data was proving difficult: large transaction sizes impeded continuous processing.
- Resource intensive data extraction processes slowed performance of operational MDMS systems.
- Supplied customers with near real-time insights into their electricity consumption.
- Alleviated risks associated with purchasing from an un-established vendor.
- Scaled easily in support of BC Hydro’s growing data volumes.
- Delivered fast time to value through rapid deployment.
- Lowered costs by eliminating resources needed to define mappings.
- Replicated consumption data non-intrusively to operational source system.
- Processed very large transaction sizes.
- Ensured transaction consistency and data integrity during replication.