Located in the beautiful Tsinghua Park in a northwest suburb of Beijing, Tsinghua University is renowned for cultivating high-level professional talents and an emphasis on research accomplishments. Founded in 1911, the school today comprises 19 schools and 55 departments spanning disciplines such as science, engineering, philosophy, economics, law, education, and medicine.
“Informatica PowerCenter has helped us build a standard data processing flow and benefit from automatic extraction and transformation of various types of structured data,” Naijia says. “We’ve been able to reduce management, operations, and maintenance costs while establishing a roadmap and solid plan for the future.”
- Consolidate data from silos to enable easier data sharing among application systems of different departments.
- Accelerate development of a “digital campus” to improve service quality and enhance the academic experience.
- Develop a scalable, sustainable roadmap for integrating various data sources and legacy information systems.
- Provide easy, reliable access to important information for university administrators, faculty, and students and create more collaborative learning environment.
- Enable seamless connection among disparate systems to accelerate the collection, cleansing, and storage of data in a central repository.
- Aligned an array of information systems and enabled an unobstructed flow of accurate and consistent data.
- Established an initial university database and a foundation for future integration of university information systems.
- Developed a fully digital campus information infrastructure.
- Reduced management, operating, and maintenance costs by simplifying the data management environment for faster processing, more reliable information, and fewer hardware components to manage.