Founded in 1857, Illinois State University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Illinois. Illinois State University grants bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees across a variety of disciplines, with an emphasis on teacher development. Located in Normal, Illinois, Illinois State University has a total student enrollment of approximately 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
“Our use of Informatica will help make Illinois State’s business intelligence organization more nimble as we continue to make our data assets more accessible and applicable to more people across the organization.”
- Provide a single cohesive presentation of each student’s time at Illinois State; benefiting students and instructors.
- Power the Illinois State “LEAPForward” initiative (a 3- to 5-year initiative to replace Illinois State’s aging student information system) with effective data to drive student success.
- Deliver an enriched data environment to empower analytical decision making and ensure student success.
- Finding and accessing necessary information for decision–making takes too long.
- Knowledge of existing data sets and tools was limited making it challenging to hire and staff data related projects.
- Teams spend time manually reconciling data and hand coding integrations and transformations.
- Faster and less costly development time delivers greater agility in addressing evolving information needs.
- Rapid data conversion and migration considerably accelerates traditional time-consuming process of moving data, reorganizing data and making it ready for the university’s new ERP system.
- By automating the data integration processes, Illinois State University is able to scale with fewer full time employees producing higher volume of information solutions than were previously available.
- The availability of thousands of certified Informatica developers has made it easy for Illinois State University to define and acquire data integration development skills.