AutoTrader.com is the Internet’s ultimate automotive marketplace and consumer information website. The firm aggregates millions of cars from thousands of dealers and private sellers, and is a leading resource for dealers, individuals and manufacturers to advertise and market their vehicles.
“The business case for Informatica MDM was based on two key criteria: driving increased advertising revenue and cost avoidance. We measure the impact of Informatica MDM on both of these in multiple millions of dollars.”
- Grow advertising sales revenues.
- Improve data governance.
- Reduce the cost of managing dealer and manufacturer relationships.
- Reliance on a homegrown, outmoded MDM system that lacked any form of data governance.
- Homegrown system couldn’t handle data governance requirements of certain business processes. For example, if a dealer bought ads for all 100 of its dealers, the system forced the manual creation of 100 dealers.
- Almost one third of the staff at liberty to open a new customer account record.
- Led to anticipated multimillion-dollar increase in on-line advertising revenues.
- Increased value of data by making it relevant, holistic, and trustworthy
- Lowered time and resources involved in navigating overlapping customer records.
- Gained future extensibility through adoption of other relevant MDM domains.
- Created reliable, single version of dealers and vehicle manufacturers.
- Reduced cost of data by increasing advertising sales effectiveness.
- Introduced enterprise-wide, proactive master data governance.