Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Con-way Freight is a global transportation leader that combines the resources of more than 20,000 professionals, decades of experience, and financial stability to create competitive advantage for its customers.
“One of the keys to successfully building Con-way’s business intelligence solution was adopting a consistent, scalable data integration platform that can be leveraged across the business to improve operations. Informatica proved to be the ideal choice for that role.”
- Sophisticated transportation operations demanded precise movement of information to help coordinate everything from scheduling and tracking freight deliveries to managing sales, marketing, and HR programs.
- Company launched a strategic initiative to allow managers to ask virtually any question and get answers at many levels of granularity.
- Enhance CRM by empowering drivers through new handheld marketing applications.
- Modernize IT infrastructure to create a unified and consistent data architecture that multiple teams can use.
- Mine business data in databases and applications to deliver actionable intelligence to decision makers throughout the company.
- Implemented Informatica with a Netezza data warehouse and MicroStrategy BI solution to create an efficient, scalable framework for analyzing and delivering enterprise data.
- Improved customer loyalty and margin expansion by empowering drivers to cross-sell/up-sell services.
- Replaced hand-scripted programming methods with an automated data integration platform.
- Reduced OPEX through more efficient and effective cross-dock operations.
- Reduced data integration development time by 20%.
- Increased flexibility by gaining access to widely available pool of data integration development professionals.