Ameren Corporation has 2.4 million electric and 900,000 natural gas customers, making it the leading utility company in the St. Louis area and the second-largest in the entire state of Illinois. Ameren was created in 1997 by the merger of Missouri’s Union Electric Company and the neighboring Central Illinois Public Service (CIPS) company.
“PowerCenter was vital in enabling Accenture to minimize cost and risk for Ameren, and bring this challenging project in under budget and within our allotted 11-month timeframe.”
- Accelerate time to value from the merger of Union Electric and CIPS Inc.
- Provide a single view of commercial, industrial, and residential customers.
- Integrate all systems within a one-year timeframe.
- Access nearly 10 business system interfaces and mainframe data.
- Create a reusable, automated system for future projects.
- Reduce development cost over COBOL hand-coding.
- Deliver scalability and performance for large 100GB+ data volumes.
- Reduced data migration costs by 30%.
- Significantly improved data integrity, reliability and quality.
- Established repeatable, automated processes for future data migrations.
- Improved customer service, marketing and field operations.