For more than 60 years, Bay & Bay Transportation's focus has been to provide best quality transportation and logistics management services. The company is a leading mid-sized, full-service carrier for freight of all kinds throughout North America.
“If Bay & Bay achieves a 1% increase in sales revenues from this Informatica implementation, it will translate into a 900% return on the salesforce.com project.”
- Intense competition for freight carriage required Bay & Bay to focus all its resources on effective sales management.
- The goal has been to increase revenues in a recessionary, demanding economic climate.
- The company needed to give sales teams a complete picture of every transaction including the loads moving with customers, the revenue and margin on each deal, and the status of each shipment in transit
- Sales teams were navigating up to five different applications in their quest to understand the customer relationship.
- Company lacked the budget, resources and time to devote to traditional hand-coded data integration.
- Integrate on-premise back-office systems (including data on trucks and other assets, the brokerage carriers contracted to haul the freight, and the company’s accounting system) with salesforce.com to reap maximum sales impact.
- Anticipated to deliver 900% return on investment within six months.
- Ensured sales teams devote less time to administration and more time to transportation and logistics customers closing deals.
- Maximized technology investment via robust, two-way synchronization between logistics management systems and salesforce.com.
- Increased agility, offering sales teams the real-time information and reporting they need to make accurate decisions quickly.
- Enabled data integration ‘on the fly’, involving the business at every stage and enhancing business/IT collaboration.
- Eliminated need for integration hardware, software, or infrastructure.