The Florida Turnpike Enterprise operates every toll road and bridge owned by the Florida Department of Transportation—460 miles of highways that carry an average of 1.8 million motorists per day.
Timely and accurate traffic, revenue, and participation reports help management make good choices that will eventually result in saving money.”
- Prepare the highways for emergencies such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding.
- Facilitate SUNPASS prepaid toll program.
- Determine toll revenues based on accurate, timely data about traffic volumes and toll collections.
- Took up to one month to collect data required for reporting—such as traffic, revenue and highway participation data—delaying decision making.
- Delays in data compromised data reliability and availability.
- Used Informatica to replace hundreds of individual integration solutions and automate the entire data processing stream.
- Achieved complete return on investment in less than 12 months.
- Reduced time to deliver reports on issues such as revenue, traffic, violations and safety from up to three months to four hours.
- Improved ability to prepare for and respond to natural disasters.