Leading Australian beverage company Foster’s Group has operations on five continents, sells its products in more than 100 countries, and employs a workforce of 6,000 at the company’s vineyards, wineries, bottling centers, breweries and distilleries in six countries.
“The target state for our enterprise architecture program is to have a single source of truth for critical business data worldwide. Informatica is an essential part of achieving that goal.”
- Simplify business processes and information systems globally following a series of acquisitions, increase operational efficiency and reduce costs.
- Establish a single view of trusted data to drive better decisions, compliance and customer relationships.
- Fragmented information environment made it hard to establish a single integrated view of operations worldwide and maintain efficient supply chains matching production with demand.
- This led to higher IT costs because of the extra resources needed to operate multiple systems and consolidate and analyze financial and operational data.
- Implemented Informatica to help consolidate data and improve its quality, establish consistent business processes and create a single source of business information across the enterprise.
- Enabled fast, cost-effective consolidation of data warehouses, which provide easier access to business intelligence and help streamline reporting.
- Provided more economical and scalable development environment, helping reduce size of IT department.
- Migrated business data from five systems to a single platform, creating more tightly integrated business processes.
- Created consistent product and customer data across business units, increasing visibility into global operations