The Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) provides groceries to more than 12 million US military customers, at prices at least 30 percent below retail. Its 263 military commissaries made $5.41 billion in sales in 2006 alone.
“Informatica PowerCenter has let us quickly adapt our infrastructure to handle complex file data integration with our enterprise data warehouse with no disruption to our core business processes, and without the time and expense of deploying a new platform. It also allowed us to move to a more real-time model thus improving service to our servicemen and women.”
- To keep costs low and customer satisfaction high, DeCA needed to replace its aging point-of-sale solution.
- Improve forecasting and inventory management.
- Increase efficiency of public services delivery.
- Facilitate worldwide rollout of new point-of-sale system.
- Adapt data integration architecture to accommodate both new data and legacy files.
- Integrated and delivered data from both legacy and new systems seamlessly.
- Shortened restocking time by 24 hours.
- Increased frequency of data updates from once a day to every 10 to 60 minutes.
- Created on-demand views of core business activities.