Westpac Life New Zealand is one of the country’s largest full service banks with over 1.2 million customers, around 200 branches and 500 ATM’s nationwide. The organization also has around 900,000 registered users of its online banking service, performing 3 million transactions online.
“The Insurance project enabled the amalgamation of our business data and provided visualization of that data in new ways to help us grow the business.”
- Understand customer behavior and leverage it to improve sales.
- Deliver projects that help provide more strategic value.
- Meet demands for governance and risk management.
- Insurance data stored in disconnected applications, making it difficult to quickly focus on trends and closely align them to strategic capabilities or proposed innovations.
- Valuable business resources spent on gathering, reconciling, consolidating and cleansing business data before informed decisions could be taken.
- Enabled timely identification of where sales are strongest. This is expected to increase revenue by at least 1% over policies life.
- Enabled potential 1% improvement in cross-sell rates, delivering extra revenue over insurance policies life.
- Reduced time spent manually reconciling reports from data collected in different insurance applications.
- Provided expected drop of 1% in customer attrition, delivering extra revenue over life of insurance policies.
- Enabled a new government framework to be achieved that required a new formula for the calculation of tax liability on all life insurance products.
- Enabled timely identification of policies outside of the bank’s risk appetite.