HealthNow New York is a leading healthcare company, providing access to healthcare, innovative technologies, and information and services. The company serves 815,000 members, 13,000 client companies, has 2,100 employees and revenues of $2.27 billion.
“I see Informatica Data Services as both an evolutionary and revolutionary capability for us; it looks and feels like the rest of the Informatica Platform and this is a skill set we already have; it is revolutionary for us in that I am actually creating data services for the organization.”
- Improve health outcomes of members with on-demand information at lower costs.
- Increase operational efficiency and profitability.
- Shift business processes to comply with health insurance reform and mandates.
- Ensure information privacy and security requirements are met.
- Data spread across up to 16 enterprise databases—including DB2, Sybase, and SQL Server—and more than 30,000 Microsoft Access databases.
- It required 1,700 hours to add a new product to the portfolio.
- It took HealthNow months to build critical new data extracts of customer and products data for pricing and risk analysis.
- Delivered single, trusted view of data quickly, across diverse enterprise data sources.
- Shortened time to access new, critical data for pricing and risk analysis, from months to days.
- Accelerated analysis and certification of data quality for ensuring trusted data
- Enabled business users to quickly access plan rate and claims information from a single service.
- Improved data governance and reduced compliance risk.
- Helped the company quickly adapt to evolving healthcare trends and legislation.