Southern Company is one of the largest electricity producers in the US, with nearly 39,000 megawatts of capacity supporting 4.1 million customers across 120,000 square miles of the southeastern US.
“From extracting, cleansing, and translating our data to helping us control costs, reduce risk, and simplify an inherently complex project, PowerCenter did everything we needed to do.”
- Consolidate workflow and document management across three nuclear power plants.
- Reduce costs.
- Streamline operations.
- Integrate data from three outdated mainframes into a multi-plant solution.
- Mitigate risks of data migration while maximizing potential ROI.
- Ensure compliance with rigorous nuclear power regulations.
- Shortened migration project time by 25%.
- Reduced migration cut-over time from one week to two days per plant.
- Reduced project staff from 18 to six, saving $250,000.
- Made previously inaccessible data and documents readily available.