Asian Paints is India’s largest paint company and ranked among the top ten decorative coatings companies in the world with a turnover of more than USD one billion.
“Informatica is playing a vital role in enabling Asian Paints’ analytical decisions, based on a consolidated and trusted view of product costing data.”
- Respond more quickly to market change.
- Analyze cost data and increase efficiency.
- Product costing process involved significant manual intervention, including determining the SKU costs of the company’s paint products, raw material and packing material prices.
- Find a solution to quickly and accurately access and integrate raw material, bill of materials and other data—from any source.
- If a mistake was made and the cost output was wrong, the team had to start all over again.
- Enabled the company to respond more quickly to market price changes, thereby increasing competitiveness.
- Decreased costs by integrating and delivering data at the right time, in the right format.
- Enabled product costs to be calculated simultaneously across all manufacturing plants, thereby boosting productivity and efficiency.
- Reduced time required to run quarterly product costing model from 24 hours to 20 minutes.
- Drove better research, development and marketing decisions based on consolidated, trusted view of pricing data.
- Allowed Asian Paints to run product costing simultaneously and preserve/archive multiple scenarios across business units: Decorative, Industrial and Automotive.