Schneider Electric has grown through acquisition, and the $23 billion global company is shedding its image as a holding company for hundreds of product brands and sharpening itself as a global solution provider focused on energy management.
“Informatica Cloud puts real-time sales data within easy reach. This transformational technology has already helped Schneider Electric increase sales productivity by 20% and has the potential to increase sales in multi-business opportunities by the same amount.”
- This ‘one company’ strategy aims to improve process efficiency, cross-selling and collaboration across sales and opportunity management, marketing, customer service and quality management.
- Through the acquisition of leading vendors in the building/factory automation market, Schneider Electric has the opportunity to leverage its combined customer base across all companies through a single instance of Salesforce, comprising more than 30,000 users.
- Common Salesforce tasks hampered sales productivity. Field sales teams, for example, devoted one day per week to administration: updating meeting notes in the CRM platform, creating account records (each record took three minutes) and editing opportunity status.
- A sophisticated Salesforce implementation manages the requirements of the various business units. However, common activities like opportunity management and customer visit reports were tricky to complete, and users needed workflow to correctly complete their work.
- Allowed users to quickly navigate Salesforce and ensure sales processes are completed correctly, consistently and in the right order.
- Record creation that took three minutes now takes less than one minute.
- Saved each user up to 8 hours per week in admin—equivalent to a 20% increase in sales productivity.
- Improved collaboration across business units, allowing Schneider to sustain more personalized relationships with large accounts and potentially increase sales in multi-business opportunities by 10-20%.