EVERTEC is the leading, full-service transaction processing business in Latin America and the Caribbean. Headquartered in Puerto Rico, the company provides a broad range of merchant acquiring, payment processing and business process management services across 19 countries in the region.
“A neighboring bank in Puerto Rico attempted a similar project and it took them two years—with Informatica, we were able to integrate the new bank customers in three months.”
Miguel Mercado Morales
- Lower time and cost associated with integrating acquired assets of Westernbank Puerto Rico into Banco Popular.
- Comply with PCI standards for card payment transactions.
- Reduce Banco Popular’s risk: previously, the bank’s collections department budgeted $12 million for losses arising from customer defaults.
- Attract, win and grow customers.
- Extract, transform and load Westernbank data (including data on 400,000 customers) into Banco Popular platform in one weekend.
- Integrate data from 18 systems, including customer, account, mortgage and loans (residing in AS/400, SQL Server, DB2, flat files and others).
- Saved $9 million through acquisition real estate savings, reuse and lower development costs.
- Ensured the bank’s compliance with PCI data privacy mandates and regulations.
- Reduced customer reporting latency from 45 days to one day.
- Enabled bank to better attract, win and grow customer base.
- Successfully integrated 400,000 customer accounts from acquired bank in one weekend.
- Lowered cost of creating accurate, timely banking data hub by $800,000 in one year.
- Increased customer collections by $2.5 million and lowered risk.