Clopay Corporation, a Griffon Company, is a global leader in specialty plastic film manufacturing and the nation’s largest manufacturer of residential garage doors.
“Like any building products company, the recession has had an impact on our business, requiring that cost reduction and efficiency improvement efforts be top priorities. The dramatic cost savings facilitated by the Informatica database archiving solution are bolstering Clopay’s competitive position and boosting profitability in a challenging economic climate.”
- Lower business and IT costs.
- Maximize business flexibility.
- Increase agility and responsiveness in sales, marketing and service operations.
- Manage data growth arising from an expanding Oracle E-Business Suite deployment and business growth.
- Reduce management, software and hardware costs associated with Oracle data.
- Optimize performance of the application infrastructure.
- Payback within less than 1.5 years.
- Reduced total database size in production by 50% in three years.
- Ensured that the backup process comfortably completed within the backup window
- Provided staff with seamless access to archived data from existing application interfaces.
- Reduced number of tape backups and increased the volume of disk backups.
- Experienced a 30% improvement in application performance.
- Bolstered the company’s competitive position and boosted profitability in a challenging economic climate.
- Maintained data integrity and data access after the data was archived.
- Introduced flexibility to search and report on archived data.