Daewoo Securities holds the highest market share in South Korea’s securities industry, with 3,199 employees at 122 branches as well as five overseas networks. In the 30 minutes after the markets open, the company handles up to 2,000 transactions per second.
“Daewoo Securities has achieved key benefits in terms of data processing speed, data conformity, and change data management. Overall, this system is contributing greatly to the long-term development of Daewoo Securities and has given us a cushion against risks to our competitiveness.”
- Increase business agility: at peak trading times Daewoo Securities typically undertakes up to 2,000 securities transactions per second.
- Until now, the transaction processing performance was unsatisfactory, detrimentally impacting sales revenues, customer satisfaction and potential loss of competitiveness.
- Replace the integration solution that linked the systems underpinning transactions—one that processed day-to-day securities transactions, the other that provided the analytics used by the trading community to review the market situation, spot trends and evaluate decisions.
- Ensure high performance while processing large volumes of data.
- Safeguard data accuracy and availability.
- Increased data processing performance threefold.
- Reduced risks associated with error processing and hardware failure.
- Accelerated order processing speed by more than 50%.
- Reduced recovery response time from four hours to just 25 minutes.