“Data quality is the key to the success of Fannie Mae’s mission: getting the right people into the right homes. Now all our systems look at the same data – that one source of truth – which gives us great comfort.”
- Avoid large penalties by adhering to Dodd-Frank and other regulatory requirements established after 2008 global financial crisis.
- Ensure that business operations teams have the appropriate software tools to effectively and efficiently manage data, so that business decisions are then made consistently using the most accurate business data available.
- Provide quarterly reporting to Federal Reserve and Wall Street regarding overall business risk as a function of: data quality and accuracy, credit-worthiness of loans, and risk levels of investment positions.
- Ensure clean and correct data is collected and integrated from 100+ data sources including:mortgage data, real estate attributes, securities created from the repackaging of loans.
- Collect and present information about how critical business data enters, flows through, and is changed by multiple internal processing and reporting applications, ensuring traceability to the individual user at the subject area (loan, security, property) level.
Solutions & Results
- Fannie Mae’s initiative leverages Informatica PowerCenter as a high availability, scalable platform for Data Quality, with a separate MetaData Manager implementation used for business glossaries and data lineage.
- Informatica Master Data Manager will be used in a new strategic project, targeted for the 2015 timeframe.
Products & Services
Informatica Data Quality
Achieves pervasive data quality for all stakeholders, projects, applications using a single, unified platform.
Accesses, integrates, and delivers any and all data quickly and cost-effectively, without hand coding.
Informatica Metadata Manager
Provides enterprise-class metadata management for data integration environments with role-appropriate views for business and IT users.
Informatica Master Data Management
Multidomain Informatica MDM improves operations by empowering business users with consolidated and reliable business-critical data—such as customers, products, channel partners, suppliers—and the relationships between data.
Informatica Professional Services
Provides a full range of professional services based on Informatica’s proven implementation methodology.
Informatica Global Customer Support
Provides your organization with the support you need, where and how you need it: choose from Standard, Enterprise or Mission-Critical Support.