One of the world's leading research-oriented pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, GlaxoSmithKline is the offspring of a merger between two other large international pharmaceutical firms. After the merger, its ability to operate efficiently and make accurate strategic sales decisions depended on creating a single, powerful, integrated IT infrastructure as quickly as possible.
“Right from the start, PowerCenter reduced our development costs by around 30 percent. But the product really pays for itself over the longer term because PowerCenter is extremely reliable, and the ongoing application maintenance and modification to support changes that are part of everyday business life have been simplified substantially.”
- Support 1,200 German field staff to maximize sales and marketing opportunities.
- These users require quick, simple access to a precise analysis of all available current market figures.
- Extract, transform and load non-SAP data into the SAP data warehouse.
- Include sales and marketing data from third parties.
- Integrate legacy call center and CRM systems.
- Led to 30% reduction in development costs.
- Saved approximately €1.5 million annually.
- Reduced time to perform routine development tasks by 75%.
- Maximized ROI on legacy systems.