L.A. Care Health Plan serves Los Angeles County with four health coverage plans including Medi-Cal, L.A. Care Covered™, L.A. Care Cal MediConnect Plan, and the PASC-SEIU Homecare Workers Health Care Plan. L.A. Care’s mission is to provide access to quality healthcare for L.A. County’s low-income communities, and to support the safety net required to achieve that purpose.With approximately 2,000 employees and $8 billion in revenue, L.A. Care prioritizes quality, access, and inclusion, elevating healthcare for all of L.A. County.
“Having an automated, integrated solution from Informatica is making a difference in our data governance program - because you cannot manage what you cannot see.”
- Manage and govern sensitive patient data at enterprise scale.
- Use an integrated data catalog and governance toolset.
- Agree on enterprise-wide data definitions and terms.
- Strengthen security and privacy by improving the governance of personal health information (PHI) and personally identifiable information (PII).
- Understand healthcare provider data in business context across its lineage, from intake until its destination for reporting and analytics.
- Increase the quality of healthcare provider data coming into the organization and help care providers clean up their own data.
- Use Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog to discover PHI/PII across the enterprise and catalog additional data as the governance program matures. Also, use Informatica Axon Data Governance to establish traceability of regulations to policies to data rules, thus enabling rapid change management, instant auditability, and monitoring of data use for regulatory and policy compliance.
- Validate provider data quality at the source automatically using more than 2,200 Informatica Data Quality rules, across nine dimensions of data quality, and report errors back to providers for remediation.
- Improves security and compliance while helping the organization manage 8x growth driven by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Provides trusted data for operations as well as reporting and analytics.
- Gain visibility into the data lifecycle by integrating Informatica’s Axon Data Governance, Enterprise Data Catalog, and Data Quality to link the enterprise data glossary with a stewardship network, who manages data governance and quality tasks and issues through pre-defined workflows
- Deploy Informatica MDM to manage provider “golden records” and visualize the complicated network of providers, locations, and managed care organizations.
- Increases the quality of Managed Care Organization (MCO) data coming into the company from less than 30 percent to 95 percent.