The UK’s oldest automotive association, RAC provides more than 7 million members with a comprehensive range of services, from roadside assistance to financing, insurance, and travel information. To protect its century-old brand and improve its services, RAC wanted to integrate all of its customer data in a single database.
“Informatica’s PowerCenter ETL tool has been a technological cornerstone of RAC's Data Warehouse project; it has provided efficient extraction of disparate data sources, the application of complex business rules in the transformation mappings, and highly performant loading of the transformed data into the target database.”
- Build a group-wide understanding of the value of individual customer relationships.
- Modernize systems: main membership database was nine years old and there was no data feedback loop.
- Connect customer databases, market channel and business processes.
- Consolidate information from 14 different data sources.
- Give end users right-time access to data without IT intervention.
- Create a single, integrated view of customer relationships.
- Shortened reporting time from days to minutes.
- Targeted cross-sell and upsell opportunities more accurately.
- Raised travel insurance renewal rate from 5% to 25%.
- Improved customer service for competitive advantage.