The Washington State Department of Transportation (DOT) manages 7,048 miles of road, 3,367 bridges, and a 29-ferry system that moves more than 26 million people a year.
“Informatica PowerCenter has brought consistency to our data environment and helped us modernize our data transfer methods. Its native access to our mainframe Adabas data sources has enabled us to roll out eight data marts in just four years to our analysts, and cut the time our developers used to spend on custom coding by as much as one-half.”
- Make it faster and easier to analyze insights into improving traffic and highway safety, finance and accounting across multiple divisions.
- Drive metrics-driven management of nearly $300 million a year in capital projects and thousands of contracting firms.
- Leverage long-term investment in legacy systems.
- Make data maintenance simpler and more cost-effective.
- Eliminate customized, ad hoc data access mechanisms.
- Reduced development time by up to 50% and improved systems performance.
- Protected long-term investment through standardized data integration.
- Provided native access to mainframe legacy data to drive operational analysis and insight.
- Increased IT infrastructure flexibility.