Laying a Foundation for Understanding the Value of Your Data
Available On Demand
Already registered? Click here to access the on demand.
Data cataloging is key to intelligent data governance. Discovering, tracking, inventorying, and preparing data for analytic insights and collaboration creates the foundation for understanding data assets, sharing them responsibly, and maximizing their value. Our “Back to Basics: Data Catalog” episodes cover different aspects of data cataloging and explain why it’s central to data governance and privacy.
In this first episode, we’ll review basic concepts of data cataloging:
- A simple metaphor for understanding data cataloging
- Types of metadata that fuel insights
- Critical capabilities of a data catalog
- Initial steps to adoption
- Khuan Tan, Senior Director of Product Management, Informatica
- Nathan Turajski, Senior Director of Product Marketing, Informatica